NORTH BERWICK TRUST LAUNCHES YOUNG PERSON’S SCHOLARSHIP
The window for applications to the 2022 Young Person’s Scholarship has now closed. This fund was newly launched as a trial in 2022.
North Berwick Trust’s Young Person’s Scholarship will be open for applications from Wednesday 1st June, with a closing date of Wednesday 19th October 2022.
Working with North Berwick High School and North Berwick Youth Project, funding of up to £10,000 in total will be awarded annually, which could be shared by up to 3 applicants. These scholarships are for 16–25-year-olds who live or study in North Berwick and will assist young people to progress their careers and move their life forward in a positive way.
Priority will be given to young people who could not afford to do so without support and applications will be means-tested.
This scholarship is open to any young person seeking support to embark on further education or career training. This would include those with ambitions to further their careers in sport, music, art, or other cultural or creative endeavours.
A variety of types of training courses and activities will be considered. Some examples include –
- Career training courses to assist in obtaining employment. For example, a plumbing apprenticeship or lorry driver training.
- Further education training. This includes, but is not limited to, university.
- Travel costs to advance your career. For example, if travel is required to compete in a sport or to attend concerts as a musician.
- Cost of fees to enter into competitions or events.
- Interview/work clothes or equipment.
Olwyn Owen, Chair of the Trust’s Grants Group, said: ‘With the Trust’s ‘Forever Fund’ grants programme now well established, the Trust is delighted to be able to offer this additional scholarship fund designed specifically to assist the town’s young people’.
More information is available from our Grants and Funding page including eligibility criteria, guidance and application forms.
Assistance is available to those who require support to apply and applicants should email the Trust’s Grants Officer on [email protected].